Hi fellow travel addict and thanks for visiting my website! My name is Jack and I am your average mid-twenties adventure seeker. I was born in one of the smallest countries in the world, Luxembourg, which made wanderlust a recurring virus ever since I was a kid. Before completing my law degree, I had already travelled to every continent and to over 40 countries, many of which I visited solo.
The idea to create a travel website came when I was in law school, contemplating all the material, information and memories I had accumulated on my numerous journeys. I had in fact kept an old school notebook-journal in which I had written down every single detail about every single place I had visited since I was 18. I realized that I had a lot more information about most places than most people and I therefore decided to share that information to help people travel in a more intelligent, more sophisticated way.
The website has been growing ever since and I am sincerely grateful to every single reader who likes my articles and thereby helps this site evolving. I am doing my absolute best with the limited time I have to write genuinely informative, helpful and insightful content which is obviously not easy while working full time and I am therefore extremely thankful to my contributors (without you this wouldn’t be possible, thanks!)
My travel philosophy is the underlying element of every single article published on FWB. We want to promote a cultured, intelligent and respectful way of travelling which encompasses being interested in the nature, culture, history, local customs and traditions of a given location. We don’t want to be mere uninformed tourists who travel for the sake of an Instagram picture or a simple relaxation (travelling to relax and lying on the beach is obviously fine from time to time).
For myself and my contributors, travelling is immersing yourself in another culture and location. If you do the same things abroad that you would do at home, there’s no point in leaving your hometown, right?
I was thrilled to see that a lot of people around the globe share this mentality when it comes to travelling. I have in fact received hundreds of mails from people who like reading articles which focus on giving genuine (we get at least 50% of the information in our guides from locals), historical and cultural information about places, rather than just telling you how beautiful it is and how much it costs (which is useful but doesn’t qualify as inside information).
Thanks for reading our articles and helping to promote a more cultured way of travelling than the usual tourist stuff. If you share our philosophy and think that your information could be useful for this website, we are always open for new contributors, just hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org
10 facts about myself:
- I speak 5 languages fluently: English, Luxembourgish, German, French and Spanish and I have some knowledge of Italian and Portuguese
- I was born and raised in Luxembourg (if you don’t know where that is, google it, or better read our articles)
- The first time I travelled solo overseas was when I was 16, I went to Vancouver, Canada on a student exchange and stayed with a host family.
- My first big solo adventure was the South of Mexico (before it became so unbelievably touristy) when I was 18.
- I have been to every continent except Antartica (if you count that as a continent).
- I have lived in 3 countries and visited 43.
- I have a degree in European Banking and Financial Law.
- I love animals and I would never promote any travel activities which involve animal mistreatment (eg elephant riding) but I am also a passionate carnivore (no that’s not a contradiction).
- I love roadtrips, I did my first roadtrip one year after getting my driving licence, it featured 7 countries on the Balkan.
- I am a workaholic, fitness addict and travel addict. Yes it can be very hard to combine the 3.
Follow my adventures on Instagram
Like FWB on Facebook
Follow FWB on Instagram
Follow FWB on Pinterest
Subscribe to FWB’s Youtube Channel